Response to Coronavirus
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We miss you! Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it's both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Installation of equipment that will produce Ionized Hydrogen Peroxide with Ionized high energy clusters that reacts and deactivates microbial contaminents on contact 24/7 throughout the entire office. This is similar technology being utilized by the Battelle Memorial Institute to disinfect face masks, you have probably seen this on t.v. ( See More About Technology Below )
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer available for your use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling you appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (513) 774-8900 or visit our website at www.DowiattDental.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Craig Dowiatt DDS and Team
Proud to have 24/7 Microbial Protection
This facility is being protected by equipment from Extreme Microbial Technologies.
Ionized Hydrogen Peroxide with High Energy Clustersis chemical free and safe for people, products, plants and pets and has been scientifically tested to reduce harmful pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, molds and mildews up to 99%.
Ionized Hydrogen Peroxide with High Energy Clustersreacts with and deactivates microbial contaminants on contact.
This Ionized hydrogen Peroxideis created within a specially designed cell utilizing specific wavelengths of light reacting with a coated catalyst cell which changes the existing water vapor in the air into Ionized Hydrogen Peroxideand High Energy Clusters. Safe and effective, and simply reverts back into oxygen and water vapor leaving behind no residue or odor.